School Of New and Emerging Technologies(SONET)
With the objective of producing industry ready engineering students. KMEC has instituted a comprehensive SONET program for its students. This program will go a long way in bridging the industry-academia gap that all of us are so well aware of. The SONET program is run concurrently with the B.E. course
- Biomedical Imaging
- Blockchain architecture design & use cases
- Cybersecurity - Ethical Hacking
- Full Stack Web Development
- Machine Learning
- MEAN Stack Web Development
- Unreal Programming
- CUDA Programming
- Kotlin / Android Programming
Business English Certificate (BEC)
BEC: Forward Thinking
To survive in today's highly competitive world, it has become imperative for graduates to have certain edge. Recognizing the importance of this, and the fact that communication skills play a major role in recruitments, KMEC offers its students an opportunity to take the Business English Certificate exam, an ESOL exam conducted by Cambridge University, more commonly known as BEC.
Needless to say, BEC is an internationally recognized qualification in English for work. The benefits of getting the certification are many:
It provides language Skills for real life business situations
Improves employability and career prospects
Clear, reliable evidence of language abilities.
It is trusted by Employers and Universities alike, in more than 60 countries
The certificate is available at three levels - BEC Preliminary, BEC Vantage and BEC Higher. At present, KMEC provides coaching for Preliminary and Vantage levels
- Students are given the opportunity to register for the exam twice a year – March & September. Coaching starts two months prior to the test date.
- The coaching for BEC – Preliminary and BEC- Vantage at Neil Gogte Institute of Technology, is not just aimed at helping students perform well in the exam, but also to help them gain an understanding of the concepts covered in order that they can use them later on, when they begin their careers.
- NOTE: * The coaching for this certification is provided to students free of cost.
Customized Workforce Development
Students undergo one of the following CWD program according to the needs of the recruiting company.
J2EE Track: Spring, Hibernate and Struts
RIA Track: HTML, CSS and Flex
Mobile Application Track: JME, iPhone and Android
Testing Track: ISTQB Certification, Web Application Testing, Mobile Application Testing, Game Testing
Networking Track: Networking Fundamentals, Linux Server Configuration, Windows Server Configuration, Trouble Shooting.
Arjuna Weekly Programming Competition
Arjuna is a weekly coding competition, conducted for KMEC students(1st to 3rd years) . These sessions are conducted every Sunday. Winners will get cash prizes per week based on internal assessment followed by a one on one interview
- Three coding activities per Arjuna session (Sunday).
- Solutions of previous session will be discussed in Java every Arjuna session.
- At the end of the session new activities will be started for next session.
- Top 2 students(winners) from each Year of KMEC will get weekly cash prizes.
- Winners will be decided based on fastest submission time.
Nirantar Finishing School
Niranthar Finishing School (NFS) is a weekly coding competition, conducted for KMEC students (1st to 3rd years) . These sessions are conducted alternate days Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (TTS) every week. Winners will get cash prizes per week.
- Two coding activities per NFS session (TTS), total six activities weekly.
- Solutions of previous session will be discussed using python programming language in every NFS session.
- At the end of the session new activities will be started for next day.
- Top 15 students(winners) from each year of KMEC will get weekly cash prizes.
- Winners will be decided based on fastest submission time.
KMEC is a Local Chapter for NPTEL (Id: LC-2181)
NPTEL has set up a SWAYAM-NPTEL Local Chapter in college which will be under the headship of a faculty member of the college, who would be their Single Point of Contact (SPOC). SPOC is updated about all the latest NPTEL initiatives and given information which he can disseminate among the students. He will identify suitable mentors for various courses, who can ensure that students are active in a course, are submitting their assignments on time and also clarify the doubts they may have.
KMEC conducts regular Professor-led review classes and labs for the NPTEL courses being pursued by the KMEC students , for the entire duration of the course. This will enable the student to understand the subject better and perform well in the final exam.
The National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) was initiated by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Guwahati and Roorkee) along with the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in 2003. Five core disciplines were identified, namely, civil engineering, computer science and engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and communication engineering and mechanical engineering and 235 courses in web/video format were developed in this phase.
The main goal of NPTEL Phase II (2009-14) was to build on the engineering and core science courses launched previously in NPTEL Phase I. An additional 600 web and video courses were created in all major branches of engineering, physical sciences at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels and management courses at the postgraduate level. Several improvements such as indexing of all video and web courses and keyword search were implemented.
- Largest online repository in the world of courses in engineering, basic sciences and selected humanities and social sciences subjects
- Online web portal http://nptel.ac.in – more than 471 million+ views
- Youtube channel for NPTEL – most subscribed educational channel, 1.5 million+ channel subscribers, 404 million+ views
- More than 56000 hours of video content
- Most accessed library of peer-reviewed educational content in the world
- 52000+ hours of transcribed content; 51000+ hours of subtitled videos
NPTEL began offering open online courses in March 2014 along with certificates from the IITs/IISc for those who completed the courses successfully.
It is now possible for ANYONE outside the IIT System to be able to do an online certification course from NPTEL and get a certificate from the IITs. IITs are reaching out and taking education to the homes of people through this initiative.
NPTEL began the initiative of offering certification to students for courses in March 2014. The process of certification is as follows.
- Subject Matter Experts (SME - faculty from IITs or partner institutes with input from industry) create recorded video content for courses.
- The course is uploaded on the portal and opened for enrollments, which is free.
- Every week, about 3 hrs of video content is released along with an assignment , which is evaluated and provides the student with a score.
- Teaching Assistants (TAs) and the faculty members support the discussion forum – answering questions and clearing doubts.
- If someone wants to get a certificate from the IITs/IISc after doing the course, he/she should register for the in-person proctored certification exam that is conducted in 100+ cities across India in collaboration with an exam partner. The certification exam is not free but has a nominal fee of Rs 1000.
- Final score=25% assignment score + 75% exam score. The pass criteria for exams is being changed from July 2019. A learner will pass and be certified only if Average assignment score (out of 100) >= 40 AND Final exam score ( out of 100) >= 40. E-verifiable certificates are made available on nptel.ac.in/noc Only e-certificates will be published. Hard copies of certificates will NOT be printed.
These certificates are envisioned for use in credit transfer to universities or for making the student more employable or for enhancing his growth in his current place of work.